Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Anxiety

Allow me to preface this by saying I AM very excited, and I love Man, and I am willing to do whatever I can to help him accomplish this dream. That being said, there are some things I'm definitely nervous about and things I know I will miss a ton!

1. Family-mine, his, and friends we consider family- A lot of the time we spend 'out' involves family, we hang out with them, eat with them, vacation with them, we even live with them (we invited Brother2 into the house in august). All in all we're really used to having them around, and we enjoy that. It will be a sad day when we lock the moving van and head west, and a little bit scary to know the only family I'll have in the great Midwest, will be one Man and one Sawyer. yikes!

2. Good Soft Pretzels & WaterIce- I'm not a cheesesteak girl, I'll eat it once in a while, but it's not going to be a deal breaker for me. I will, however down an entire brown bag of soft pretzels in record time. I eat the tops, then the crispy oveny bottoms and it.is.heaven. I'm also super fond of waterice. Ritas is by far my favorite summertime snack. I love pretty much every flavor, though my favorites are black cherry & mint choc. chip... none of that sugar free nonsense either. Superpretzel & supermarket freezer waterice REALLY aren't going to cut it.

3. Knowing my way around- I'll be the first to admit it, I have less than no sense of direction. It took me a good 4 months to learn the ins & outs of our current city, and it's pretty close to my hometown. Pathetic, I know. I am nervous about not knowing where ANYTHING is, no grocery stores (or the good ones at least), target, places for nails, hair, crafts, nothing. I sense I'll be feeling more than a little 'Toto we're not in Kansas anymore'. I am big into favorites, I tend to use the same stores regardless of how incredibly inconvenient they happen to be, but I think that 14 hours is more than a little ridiculous for a haircut... hmpf.

4. Baseball & Tailgating- I forgot this when I originally wrote this, but upon thinking, decided to revisit. I really liked Wrigley. This was probably due to the fact that we practically sat in the dugout, went on the most beautiful day, watched a win, and were on vacation. I LOVE CBP. I love that we watched a World Series win, sat through the awful rainy game 5pt1, and came back to finish it up. It's where we spend great times with friends (and sometimes there's a mortal enemy or two), laugh, and have a blast all summer long. It has my heart, no history, but all heart. Wrigley has history, but it's not ours... it's neat once or twice, but I won't be a Cubs fan... yuck. But what I will miss just as much as actually getting to see the games is the tailgating! No parking lot = no REAL tailgating. Beers @ the Cubby Bear... NOT the same. Also the fans are too nice and lack passion. Here's to hoping the Phillies suddenly start playing in chicago 8 times a year...

Those are for sure my top three, though I'm sure as the date gets closer I'll find plenty more things I'm both dreading & anxiously awaiting leaving behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment